Welcome my followers.....

My warm greetings to all of you. I am happy to be with you on this blogger to exchange views on the published issues and please write your comments, opinions or suggestions to feedback.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Pre-Planning Think-About

PREPLANNING THINK-ABOUTS
1 Why am I teaching this lesson?
  -In the curriculum guide?
  - Student interest in topic? (What is link to curriculum?)
  -My interest in topic? (What is link to curriculum?

2 What do I hope to accomplish?
- Skill to be developed?
- Concept to be discussed for understanding?
- Product to be produced?

3 How will learning be assessed?
  - Formal? Quiz or test?
  - Informal? Observation of learning?
  - Open-ended questions? Written? Verbal?

4 Who are the students?
- Range of abilities?
- Range of ages?
- Ethnic diversity and varying cultures?

5 What is the time frame for teaching this lesson?
- Part of a unit?
ÿ One period or block schedule?

6 How will I begin the lesson to capture student attention?
- Story or anecdote?
- Relevance to their lives?
- Props or visual displays?

7 Will I need other resources to teach this lesson?
- Audiovisual or technology?
- Student handouts?
- Manipulative or visual displays?

8 How will students spend their time during the lesson?
- Small group discussions? Individual? Large group?
- Hands-on activity or experiment?
- Taking notes or observing?

9 How will I close the lesson or close the class period?
- Review and summary?
- Collecting papers? Giving next assignments?
- Allowing time for homework or que stions?

10 Will there be homework or enrichment activities offered?
- How will I collect later? Is it required or extra?
- Will it count? What is the mentor teacher’s policy?
- How will I grade it?

11 How will I know if I succeeded in teaching the lesson?
- Self-assessment?
- Response of students?
- Mentor’s input?

12 How will the next lesson relate or build on this one?

2 comments:

  1. hala teacher
    i've rigestared so you can get 100 percent
    and to grow my knowlage

    and by the way you rock

    ReplyDelete